These three crosswords are based on details from FOUND. The first covers the Prologue through Ch. 11; the second, Ch. 12 through 22; the third, Ch. 23 through 33. Every answer is a detail from the story. Sample clues and answers:
What Jonah's mom always makes a big deal out of: family ___ (Ch. 2)DINNERS
Words on the janitor's gray sweatshirt: Maintenance ___ (Ch. 8)STAFF
While watching Angela from a library window, Jonah sees her ___ (Ch. 20)VANISH
Daniella's new address is on Robin's ___ Lane (Ch. 15)EGGS
Jonah realizes that the rock formation is actually a hand ___ (Ch. 26)SCANNER
At the end of the story, JB sends Mr. Hodge and Gary to time ___ (Ch. 33)PRISON
Fun puzzles--and great reviews for objective tests!
Here are my unique products over FOUND:
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; 3 Vocabulary Crosswords Plus 1 Comprehensive! Students provide synonyms for challenging words from three different sections of the book. The comprehensive puzzle includes all 34 words and requires students to either provide a synonym or an antonym for each clue.
• Bookmarks Plus: FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; A Handy Little Reading Aid! Helps students keep track of characters and provides definitions for new words—and so much more! Students and teachers alike are delighted with these handy reading aids!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1—10 Word Merges-One “Word” Becomes Two! Two-word phrases from the story are blended into one “word.” Students decipher the phrases. Harder than it sounds, but a good spelling workout!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1—10 Quotefalls—A Great Spelling Workout! Each quotefall is a quotation from the story. Students form individual words of the quotation by transferring letters from above the double line of the puzzle grid to squares in the columns directly below. Quotefalls can be challenging, but students love working them—and they’re great spelling workouts!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; 3 Reading-for-Detail Crosswords—Fun! Divides book into three sections so the puzzles can be used during the unit. A great way to check students’ reading skills!
• FOUND—THE MISSING: BOOK 1; 6 Word Searches with Hidden Message! Categories: At the Airport; In Chip's Basement; At School; In the Library; At the Conference; In the Cave. Clues are taken from events surrounding that setting.
Word-Wise Language Arts Resources
—100s of unique products over most-taught literature!
Fun Teaching~Fun Learning!