Products in this Bundle (9)
showing 1-5 of 9 products
Also included in
- “Economics is the most valuable class of my high school career,” a student wrote to me last semester. Another student noted that “Your teaching strategy is easy to follow and makes everything easier to understand” while another commented that “I really appreciate that you assigned assignments where$118.00$132.50Save $14.50
- Are you teaching Economics for the first time and feeling way over your head? Have you taught it a few times, but feel like you're ready to take your lessons to the next level? This Semester Course Bundle is yours. If I had to sum up my teaching style and the way my units are structured, I would ref$130.00$164.00Save $34.00
From the beginning, economics has the potential to change students’ lives. Seriously. Introducing the way economists think, and the potential economics has for helping students understand the world around them blows my mind every year. I especially love the foundations of economics unit because it’s when the light bulbs begin to go off and students fall in love with the material. That’s why every single lesson is full of relevant, meaningful content taught using accessible, interactive methods. After all, my goal is always about getting students engaged every day. That’s why each lesson has multiple, varied levels for students to participate, do critical thinking, and work collaboratively.
This bundle includes: 1 full lesson for the 7 Principles of Economics, a 1-day lesson and mini project for Sunk Cost, a 1-day lesson for the Factors of Production, a 2-day lesson for introducing Economic Systems (including Zombie Apocalypse Economy Activity), a 1-day lesson for Tragedy of the Commons and Command Economies, a 1-day lesson for Mixed vs. Market Economies (including Wealth of Nations reading), and a 1-day lesson for "I, Pencil." I've also included a packed with content and critical thinking questions (half multiple choice, half free response). For the first 4 lessons, along with lecture notes, I've included engaging activities and critical thinking opportunities throughout the lessons as they familiarize themselves with these fundamental Economic concepts. My philosophy is that activities should always be fun, educational, and very low prep. Therefore, there is not a lot of prep work involved in any of the lessons.
The best part is that you can use this unit bundle for distance or digital learning! All lessons have student resources that come in a printable PDF version AND a Google Slides or Docs version. Students just make a copy and they can use all the included resources! The Unit Exam comes in a Google Forms Quiz version.
Please view all individual resources prior to purchasing! Not every lesson includes a lecture. Material is taught in a variety of ways.
What to Expect:
- Daily Warm Ups and/or Opening Activities (except I, Pencil)
- Daily Essential Question (except Tragedy of the Commons & I, Pencil)
- Engaging Lectures with Thinking Activities & Think-Pair-Shares throughout
- Student Fill In Notes for Lectures (including Warm Ups)
- Engaging Activities
- Some Student Research Activities
- Factors of Production Booklet (student created stories using 4 factors)
- Zombie Apocalypse Economic Systems Activity
- Sunk Cost Mini-Project (students create a digital PSA, rubric included)
- Wealth of Nations Reading & Summary (rubric included)
- Culminating Unit Exam (with Teacher Answer Key & Study Guide)
- Daily Lesson Plans
- Unit Overview & Timeline
The timeline assumes 50-minute periods, but they can be combined for a block period schedule as well.
- Class set of included worksheets
- Blank sheets of paper or small posters
- Markers or colored pencils (Factors Lesson only)
- Computers for research & sunk cost mini project
- Poster paper (I, Pencil only)
Want to see my style of lectures before you buy? Check out this freebie: Globalization Economics Lesson
Note: all Google Drive versions appear in the lesson plans of each individual lesson. As of right now, there is no way to copy a folder in Google so for right now you will need to open the lesson plan and make a copy of each digital resource using the provided links and instructions.
You might enjoy:
- Supply & Demand Unit Bundle (including Shark Tank Project)
- Markets, Businesses, & Labor Unit Bundle
- Economic Indicators Unit Bundle