Also included in
- Get a complete, ready-to-print curriculum covering topics from the Algebra 2 TEKS.This curriculum bundle contains guided notes handouts, practice worksheets, exit tickets, warm-ups, reviews, mid-unit assessments, tests, and concept organizers - all aligned to the Texas Algebra 2 state standards (TEK$290.00$521.00Save $231.00
Get a complete, ready-to-print unit and covering topics from the Algebra 2 TEKS including domain and range, function families and parent functions, inverse relations, and inverse functions. This unit lays the groundwork for a strong foundation in topics that reemerge throughout Algebra 2. Unit 1 is designed as an introductory unit to help Algebra 2 students get into “function-mode” and jump straight into the Algebra 2 standards.
These no-prep resources include 6 lessons with guided notes, an exit ticket, a next-day warm-up, and 2 extra practice assignments per lesson. The unit also includes mid-unit and end-of-unit reviews, mid-unit and end-of-unit editable assessments, and concept organizers. Increase student engagement with 10 TEKS-aligned activities!
TEACHERS LOVE the worked-out keys included with the lessons notes. Feel confident delivering instruction on these sometimes tricky topics! It is a major time-saver if you don’t have quite enough time to create your own guided notes key for the day.
STUDENTS LOVE the reduced note-taking burden with the guided notes handouts. Fill-in-the-blank vocabulary improves the accuracy of students’ notes and frees up more time for showing mathematical steps.
TEACHERS LOVE the multiple versions of each practice worksheet, review, and assessment and they take full advantage of the EDITABLE versions of the mid-unit assessment form and unit test.
STUDENTS LOVE the complementary concept organizers that help them organize concepts and procedures.
TEACHERS LOVE the pre-made exit tickets and next-day warm-ups that support skills from every lesson in the unit. Print 4-per-page or project on the board and record answers on scratch paper.
STUDENTS LOVE the variety of fun and engaging activities!
Students will extend their knowledge of domain and range to include inequality notation, interval notation, and set notation. Students also will be introduced to many new function types and their basic attributes.
Finally, students will be introduced to the concept of inverse functions, with a focus on linear functions. This early focus on inverses of linear functions lays a strong foundation for more complex topics such as the composition of functions before applying those concepts to more complex function types in later units.
Most resources are in non-editable PDF format.
- Editable versions of the mid-unit assessment and test are also included in .docx format for MS Word.
- 5 digital activities compatible with Google Slides and Google Classroom™ are included. (Printable versions of the digital activities are included in PDF format.)
- 4 paper-based activities in PDF format are included.
- 1 classroom-based activity in PowerPoint (.pptx) format is included.
UNIT 1 INCLUDES THE FOLLOWING LESSONS:
- write domain and range of a function in inequality notation, set notation, interval notation, and as a verbal description
- write continuous and discrete domain and range
- write domain and range from problem situations and interpret its meaning given the context of the problem
- represent domain and range as a verbal description and using inequality notation, set notation, and interval notation.
- determine the domain and range of continuous and discrete situations
Students will graph and analyze key attributes of parent functions including:
- Linear y = x
- Quadratic y = x^2
- Square Root y = √x
- Rational (Reciprocal) y = 1/x
- Cubic y = x^3
- Cube Root y = ∛x
- Absolute Value y = |x|
- Exponential y = b^x
- Logarithmic y = log(base b)x (log base b of x)
- identify the function family given an applied situation and a function
- identify the independent and dependent variables
- interpret the meaning of any minimum or maximum values
- state the domain and range of the situation
- sketch a graph of the function
- determine whether a relation is a function or not given a graph, table, set of points, or mapping diagram
- find the inverse of the relation and determine whether or not the inverse is a function
- represent relations and functions in multiple forms (graph, table, set of points, mapping diagram)
- graph and write the inverse of linear functions algebraically
- use the composition of functions to determine whether or not two functions are inverses of each other f(g(x)) = x and g(f(x)) = x
- Note: Quadratic/Square Root and Cubic/Cube Root inverse relationships are addressed in Unit 8: Radical Equations and Relationships. The Exponential/Logarithmic inverse relationship is examined in Unit 10: Exponential and Logarithmic Functions.
EACH LESSON CONTAINS THE FOLLOWING ELEMENTS:
- The Lesson Notes are designed for use as a note-taking guide combined with guided practice.
- Practice A and Practice B are suitable for use as in-class practice and homework. Two comparable forms are included for increased versatility.
- The Exit Ticket is designed for a quick concept check at the end of the class period.
- The Warm-Up is designed for next-day use to reinforce the previous day’s learning.
- One-page display versions of the exit ticket and warm-up are included. Display the PDF page on a screen for student viewing and have students record their responses on notebook paper or scratch paper to save on printing.
ADDITIONAL RESOURCES EXCLUSIVELY AVAILABLE IN UNIT 1 INCLUDE:
- Teacher Resource Guide with TEKS-alignment and recommended sequence.
- Learning Objectives with “Students will” statements and TEKS-alignment for each lesson.
- 3 Concept Organizers offer complimentary alternatives for note-taking or post-lesson concept reinforcement.
- The Mid-Unit Review (Forms A and B) provides an opportunity for students to practice the concepts they learned in the first part of the unit.
- The Mid-Unit Assessment (Forms A and B) may be used as a test, quiz, or daily assignment to meet the specific needs of your students. Editable versions of Forms A and B are included as a .docx file for MS Word.
- The Unit Review (Forms A and B) helps students focus on the key concepts studied throughout the unit.
- The Unit Test (Forms A, B, and C) comes in two comparable multiple-choice forms (A and B) and one free-response form (C). The test key includes TEKS alignment for each question to facilitate easy data analysis. Editable versions of Forms A and B are included as a .docx file for MS Word.
5 PAPER-BASED or CLASSROOM-BASED ACTIVITIES ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE:
- Domain Bingo Activity
- Parent Function Trading Cards Activity
- Function Family Foreheads Guessing Game Activity
- Inverse Functions Poster Activity Guide
- Inverses of Linear Functions Scavenger Hunt Activity
5 DIGITAL ACTIVITIES FOR GOOGLE SLIDES™ ARE INCLUDED IN THIS BUNDLE:
(Each digital activity also includes a printable version.)
- Domain and Range Drag and Drop Activity for Google Slides™
- Parent Function Digital Activity for Google Slides™
- Function Family Unscramble Activity for Google Slides™
- Inverses of Linear Functions Drag and Drop Activity for Google Slides™
- Linear Inverses Unscramble Activity for Google Slides™
Please view the previews in the bundle section for more detail.
This unit and activity bundle is perfect for providing a complete TEKS-aligned unit or for supplementing existing resources. Use every resource or pick-and-choose from the many options to meet the needs of your students!
TEACHERS LIKE YOU SAID…
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “I bought Unit 1 to try out the curriculum and I loved this resource. It has everything I could possible need plus more. I love that is has A and B versions, exit and entrance tickets, Super notes very complete and great examples!! Application lessons are superior!! The activities are fun!! She has added digital resources that I can't wait to try out!!”
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "I love your work. It's clear and thorough and interesting for the students."
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ "My students connected to the lesson and the resources were excellent."
Supports Algebra 2 Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
Standards: 2A.2A, 2A.2B, 2A.2D, 2A.7I, (A.12A Algebra 1 review)
A note from Allison at Math Beach Solutions about standards alignment: This resource was designed from the ground up to provide ready-made resources for Texas teachers to implement to facilitate their students’ mastery of the Algebra 2 TEKS (Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills TAC §111.40). A considerable effort has been made to ensure the TEKS are addressed thoroughly, but these resources will reflect my understanding of the TEKS. As always, continue to use your professional judgment and experience when lesson planning.
⭐️ Bundle & save for a discount ⭐️
Purchase the Texas Algebra 2 Curriculum to get all 12 units and activities. The curriculum lasts the entire year. It also includes an editable mid-term and editable final exam!
You may also like...
Looking for a long-term homework solution? Check out Algebra 2 Skill Spirals Review Workbook for a year-long solution for homework, warm-ups, or tutorial session resources. It supports the Texas Algebra 2 TEKS, too!
Having difficulty with a file?
Copyright © Math Beach Solutions LLC.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Please purchase additional licenses if you intend to share this product.