Founding Fathers of America
is a Social Studies lesson with the objective of helping students identify the Founding Fathers and describe their character traits that contributed to the creation of an independent nation.
Missouri Learning Standard ~ Social Studies:
Describe the character traits and civic attitudes of historically significant individuals in American history prior to c. 1800.
Included in this product:
• Lesson Overview (included in preview)
• 5-Day Lesson Outline (included in preview)
• “I Can” Learning Goal Chart (color and grayscale version)
• Essential Question Chart (color and grayscale version)
• Power Word Poster – Founding Fathers
• Power Word Teacher Page
• Content-rich Informational Text (Lexile measure 1090L)
• Nonfiction Text Graphic Organizer
• Reading Strategies Questions
• Words to Know Printable and Key – reviewing difficult words in text
• Cloze (scaffolded) Notes for informational text and Key
• 3D Graphic Organizers (foldables) and Keys
• Power Questions Printable and Key (text-dependent questions)
• Quick Quiz and Key
• Critical Thinking Prompts for Interactive Notebooks
• BONUS: Who Am I? Printable and Key (included in preview)
The 3D graphic organizers (foldables) will fit within the pages of a standard composition notebook. However, the lesson is designed so that it can also be used without such notebooks.
I completed this lesson with my students over a 5-day week. However, the lesson can easily be modified to suit your schedule and students’ needs – just use those activities/pages that fit the time you have to teach this subject.
Happy Teaching ~ The Reflective Educator