These beautiful and colorful pictures are transformed into simple four-piece puzzles by a subtle black outline that can be easily cut. Print on card stock paper, laminate, and ready!
Use as game: (two puzzles at a time)
• Gather children in a small group (8 children)
• Choose 2 puzzles to be solved
• Each child gets one puzzle piece
• Encourage children to collaborate with each other to assemble two puzzles
at once (some pieces belong to one puzzle, while the others belong to the
• Talk about working together and problem solving
• As an extension activity, provide one piece of a puzzle to a child and
encourage him/her to use language to describe what he/she sees in the
piece. Ask: “What do you see in this picture?”, “Have you ever seen
something like this before? Where?”, “What could this be a part of?”, “What
makes you think that?”, “How do you know?”, etc.