All children are easily engaged in activities that encourage the exploration and discovery of the Natural World around them. They will even eagerly investigate and research specific aspects that pique their interests.
These four Primary Science Labs are created to follow Bloom's Taxonomy:
- Remembering & using prior knowledge
- Understanding new concepts
- Learning how to apply newly acquired knowledge
- Analyzing information
- Evaluating how new knowledge can be applied
- Creating more in-depth investigations
When using these Higher Order Thinking Skills during Scientific Discovery & Exploration, they are , also, increasing their Critical Thinking Skills through:
- problem solving
- decision making
Each of these Units includes:
- Lists for Safety, Tools, Materials & Supplies
- Initial Inquiry Investigation Questions
- Multiple Exploration & Discovery Activities & Games
There are numerous opportunities for:
- new Vocabulary acquisition
- Data Application & Analysis
- Category Organization
- Book Creations using a variety of Written Expression formats
- Tables, Charts & Graphs Construction & Interpretation
You can use these Labs during:
- whole group instruction
- small and/or cooperative group
- center time activities
- partner sharing
- independent study
Hopefully, some of these lessons will promote a few Science Projects.
Regardless, be ready for a lot of fun-learning to occur (even though it may get a bit messy.....). Another "life-lesson" learned!!!
Please let me hear from you with any questions, comments and/or concerns.
Mz. Bizzy Lizzy