PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
13.59 MB | 28 pages
Find both Language and Math activities in this package that accompanies the delightful children's book, Four Seasons For Toby, by Dorothy Joan Harris. (ISBN 0-590-71677-8).
After your have read the book to your Kindergarten, Grade 1 or Grade 2 students, follow-up with any or all of the enclosed activities.
- a favourite season survey
- a graph for survey results
- a template for a season Acrostic Poem
- a cut and paste page to match pictures of activities to the season they are done in
- a page to draw and write about the season you like best
- a page to record animal behaviours in summer and winter
- a simple story retell (order 8 pages with illustrations and words)
- a more challenging story retell (order 8 pages with illustrations and children write their own words
- Did It Really Happen? questions (yes and no answers)
- Toby's Adventure Board Game (large and small version)
The board games involves moving through the seasons by answering true and false questions as well as addition questions. You have the choice of whether you want to use a smaller 81/2 x 11 version or join 4 pages together to create a large board game for several children to play at one time. An 'answer key' is provided for students when they play the game.
The preview offers a peek at what the activities look like. Feel free to check it out.