Find both Language and Math activities in this package that accompanies the delightful children's book, Four Seasons For Toby, by Dorothy Joan Harris. (ISBN 0-590-71677-8).
After your have read the book to your Kindergarten, Grade 1 or Grade 2 students, follow-up with any or all of the enclosed activities.
- a favourite season survey
- a graph for survey results
- a template for a season Acrostic Poem
- a cut and paste page to match pictures of activities to the season they are done in
- a page to draw and write about the season you like best
- a page to record animal behaviours in summer and winter
- a simple story retell (order 8 pages with illustrations and words)
- a more challenging story retell (order 8 pages with illustrations and children write their own words
- Did It Really Happen? questions (yes and no answers)
- Toby's Adventure Board Game (large and small version)
The board games involves moving through the seasons by answering true and false questions as well as addition questions. You have the choice of whether you want to use a smaller 81/2 x 11 version or join 4 pages together to create a large board game for several children to play at one time. An 'answer key' is provided for students when they play the game.
The preview offers a peek at what the activities look like. Feel free to check it out.
You might also be interested in:
Cam Jansen and the Mystery of the Gold Coins Novel Study
A Toad For Tuesday Comprehension Activities
Horrible Harry and the Locked Closet Novel Study
The Little House
Make Way For Ducklings and Canada Goose Reading – Media Activities
Malcolm’s Runaway Soap - Reading Comprehension
King Midas and the Golden Touch Literacy Package
The Paperbag Princess
Literacy Learning Centre Activities – Part A
Literacy Learning Centre Activities – Part B
Moira’s Birthday Literacy Package
Andrew’s Loose Tooth – Punctuation Activities