Do your kids love playing Connect Four but need to work in some speech therapy? Here is the perfect solution when working on Articulation. I have even included data sheets/word lists to help you collect data on their sounds. To play the game, the rules are similar rules to Connect Four. The first player will select one space at the bottom of the board. They must say it (5 times, in phrases, or sentences). Then, they are able to mark it as their space. If you use laminated boards, you can use dry-erase markers. If black/white boards, you can use stamps, bingo daubers, crayons, or markers. On the next turn, the player may go on top of a marked spot or another spot on the bottom row.
When selecting where you want to go, you must select a space that is at the bottom of the row. For example, you cannot select a circle at the top until all of the circles below it are taken. This is just like Connect Four. The first student who gets four in a row is the winner.
* Second Option Game to be used with Gameboards: Each student has their own board. They roll a dice to determine how many spaces they can cover. The first person to cover their entire board is the winner. I generally play where the students must roll the exact number of spaces that they have open to win. For example: If they have 2 spaces not marked, they must roll a 2 to win. If they roll a 3,4,5, or 6, they can't go.
Included in the Download:
* One Gameboard each that includes 35 targets for the following sounds: R, S, L, SH/CH, F/V, K/G, R Blends, S Blends, L Blends
* One Word List with Data Sheet for all the above listed sounds
* One Blank Gameboard for you to make your own
* One Blank Word List/Data Sheet for you to make your own
Enjoy a fun, new way to play and practice speech!