Do your kids love playing Connect Four but need to work in some speech therapy? Here is the perfect solution when working on Language skills targeting vocabulary through picture identification, synonyms/antonyms, multiple meaning words, and describing words. To play the game, the rules are similar rules to Connect Four. The first player will select one space at the bottom of the board. They must identify it, describe it, identify more than 2 meanings for it, or name an antonym or synonym for it. If you use laminated boards, you can use dry-erase markers. If black/white boards, you can use stamps, bingo daubers, crayons, or markers. On the next turn, the player may go on top of a marked spot or another spot on the bottom row. When selecting where you want to go, you must select a space that is at the bottom of the row. For example, you cannot select a circle at the top until all of the circles below it are taken. This is just like Connect Four. The first student who gets four in a row is the winner.
* Second Option Game to be used with Game Boards: Each student has their own board. They roll a dice to determine how many spaces they can cover. The first person to cover their entire board is the winner. I generally play where the students must roll the exact number of spaces that they have open to win. For example: If they have 2 spaces not marked, they must roll a 2 to win. If they roll a 3,4,5, or 6, they can't go.
Included in the Download:
* 1 Game board including 35 pictures for identification of Animals
* 1 Game board including 35 pictures for identification of Food
* 1 Game board including 35 pictures for identification of Household Items
* 1 Game board including 35 pictures for identification of Holiday Items
* 1 Game board with 35 Synonyms
* 1 Game board with 35 Antonyms
* 1 Game board with 35 Multiple Meaning Words
* 1 Game board with 35 Words to Describe
* One Blank Gameboard for you to make your own
* One Blank Data Sheet for you to keep track of student progress
Enjoy a fun, new way to play and practice your language skills!