Thank you for your interest in my 4th Grade Interactive Journal Pages, based on the Next Generation Science Standards in conjunction with the Mystery Science video curriculum program! Mystery Science has excellent exploration videos and activities, and the journal pages provide a space and a guide to think critically about science concepts. The pages also serve as an information guide for students to refer back to as they review concepts and standards throughout the year.
These pages will encourage reflective thinking, imagination, sketching with detail, and the learning of scientific vocabulary. Each set of pages includes a title and NGSS standards.
**Note: Pages are scaled to fit into spiral notebooks, but Acrobat lets you print the pdf to different scales with ease! To fit the pages into a composition notebook, print at a scale somewhere around 80-85%, depending on the size of your notebook.**
- Pages for Mysteries 1-4, which will include relevant vocabulary, sketches, and the quiz questions accompanying the curriculum
- Exemplars for each page, along with vocabulary definitions, sample sketches, and detailed answers to the journal and quiz questions
Fourth Grade NGSS Standards Covered:
• 4-ESS1-1 Identify evidence from patterns in rock formations and fossils in rock layers to support an explanation for changes in a landscape over time.
• 4-ESS2-1 Make observations and/or measurements to provide evidence of the effects of weathering or the rate of erosion by water, ice, wind, or vegetation.
• 4-ESS2-2 Analyze and interpret data from maps to describe patterns of Earth’s features.
• 4-ESS3-2 Generate and compare multiple solutions to reduce the impacts of natural Earth processes on humans.
You can access the Mystery Science curriculum at: https://mysteryscience.com