Do you need a sample of your students' reading responses at the beginning, middle, and end of the year? Look no farther! These literature assessments will evaluate your students’ skills and prepare them for standardized tests.
The bundle includes three standards-based literature assessments:
• Beginning-of-Year Assessment – “The North Wind and the Sun” (adapted from Aesop for Children, 1919, public domain)
• Middle-of-Year Assessment – “The Rats and Their Son-in-Law” (adapted from Childhood’s Favorites and Fairy Stories, 1919, public domain)
• End-of-Year Assessment – “The Talkative Tortoise" (adapted from Indian Fairy Tales, 1892, public domain)
• Answer an Inferential Question (RL.4.1) *
• Summarize the Story (RL.4.2)*
• Find a Theme (RL.4.2)*
• Describe a Character (RL.4.3)*
• Define Words Using Context Clues (RL.4.4)
• Discriminate Between Poetry, Drama, and Prose (RL.4.5)*
• Determine Point of View (RL.4.6)*
*These questions require students to construct responses that are supported by evidence from the text.
Click on PREVIEW above to take a peek at one assessment.
Comprehensive Literature Units Now Available
This unit is now available as part of Literature Bundle - Grade 4
! You can purchase eight complete standards-based units (including lesson plans, PowerPoint presentations, practice, and assessments) plus three comprehensive assessments for a discounted price - - - or pick and choose from the list below:
• RL.4.1 Answering Questions Lesson Plans
• RL.4.2 Finding a Theme Lesson Plans
• Summarizing Unit, Grades 4 & 5
• RL.4.3 Describing a Character Lesson Plans
• RL.4.4 Words from Mythology Lesson Plans
• RL.4.5 Prose, Drama, and Poetry Lesson Plans
• RL.4.6 Determining and Defending Point of View Lesson Plans
• RL.4.9 Comparing and Contrasting Folklore
• Literature Assessments - Grade 4
And look what’s new: lessons for teaching about reading informational texts! These two units are available now, and more will be following soon.
• Identifying Text Structure
• Finding Word Meaning
Click on Follow Me to be notified as other units are published.
For weekly ideas, activities, links, and freebies, check out my blog, Enjoy Teaching
Indiana Academic Standards Addressed: 4.RL.2.1, 4.RL.2.2, 4.RL.2.3, 4.RL.3.1, 4.RL.3.2, 4.RV.2.1