Here's a set of ten fourth grade math games
that your students will love, whether they're playing with partners or as a whole class activity
. Directions and materials are included for both ways to play!
Your students will read numerical expressions like “6,764 X 4 = 27,056 ” and “.06>.61” and decide whether they are true or false, “Thumbs Up!” or “Thumbs Down!”
This resource includes card sets to support these topics and standards:
of numbers through 100 (4.OA.B.4)
♦ Compare two fractions
with different numerators & different denominators
♦ Compare Decimals
, >,<,= (4.NF.C.7)
♦ Compare and Order Decimals (4.NF.C.7)
♦ Add & Subtract Whole Numbers
Through 1,000,000, standard algorithm
a whole number of up to four digits by a one-digit whole number
♦ Multiply two two-digit numbers (4.NBT.B.5)
♦ Express measurements
in a larger unit in terms of a smaller unit (4.MD.1)
♦ 2D and 3D Shapes
, Multiplication, Addition
These easy-to-prepare games are a great way to pre-assess or to review before final assessment. They're an easy-to-prepare math center activity. You’ll also find them fun and useful for spiral review
throughout the year, and for extra practice before standardized testing.
The set includes two colorful game boards in ten frame format
(Thumbs Up and Thumbs Down), ten sets of 24 cards each
to practice the skills listed above, an answer key
for self-checking, and a even a fun printable to turn the cards sets into an active whole class activity. The Common Core Standards for each are printed on each game for your convenience.
Thanks for your interest in this resource! You‘ll also like…
• 120 Math Riddle Cards for Fourth Grade and Fifth Grade
• Fourth Grade & Fifth Grade Math Riddle Clip Cards for 1-100
• Fourth Grade and Fifth Grade Math ~ 120 Math Riddle Cards
• Place Value Riddles for Three-Digit Numbers Fishing Around
• Place Value Riddles for Three-Digit Numbers ~ Monkeying Around
• Place Value Riddles for Three-Digit Numbers ~ Bundle!
• Factors Fourth Grade Math Riddle Task Cards
• Multiples Fourth Grade Math Riddle Task Cards
• Factors and Multiples Math Riddle Task Cards Bundle
Be the first to know about my newest resources!
Look for the star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will receive customized email updates. You’ll also find an occasional Followers Exclusive Freebie, just to say thanks ☺
Follow me on Pinterest