The NYS Common Core ELA Module (Unit Two) does a thorough job of looking at many colonial trades that were practiced from the early 1600's-1800's.
This set of simple, yet engaging activities will help you support and supplement your teaching of the diverse trades of Colonial America!
Included in this set are:
1. A set of two graphic organizer charts, including a list of 6 colonial trades each and various aspects of each trade. These charts can be great for summarizing common core texts or as a research launch into colonial jobs.
2. A list of over 65 original colonial trades in alphabetical order.
3. An interactive and higher-level thinking flow chart used to teach how the colonists needed each other every day!
4. A short supplemental vocabulary list with definitions.
5. A teacher direction page to guide you.
I have also included some excellent internet sources that I have found very helpful in my own teaching of Colonial America!
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 4.0 International License