Also included in
- Are you looking for 4th grade writing prompts? You'll love these opinion writing, narrative writing, how to writing, and informational writing worksheets for no prep writing centers and writing lessons.This bundle will ensure that you have writing covered for the whole year! It features 4 resourcesPrice $12.50Original Price $18.00Save $5.50
- Are you about to teach persuasive or opinion writing? This NO PREP bundle is exactly what you need for fun, engaging, and enjoyable opinion writing lessons. It features a PowerPoint, worksheets, and crafts.What is included? (Please view previews)A 20 slide PowerPoint.It is a great introduction to PePrice $11.99Original Price $12.50Save $0.51
These opinion writing prompts are a must-have for teaching persuasive writing. These opinion writing worksheets are no prep and perfect for 4th grade writing lessons or writing centers.
This is a year's worth of worksheets that includes student friendly and seasonal topics (so that students can have fun writing opinion pieces throughout the school year (e.g. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter)!
*NOTE - This activity has the Easel digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
These opinion writing worksheets are common core aligned to the grade 4 writing standard:
Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
Introduce a topic or text clearly, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure in which related ideas are grouped to support the writer's purpose. Provide reasons that are supported by facts and details. Link opinion and reasons using words and phrases (e.g., for instance, in order to, in addition). Provide a concluding statement or section related to the opinion presented.
Note: These worksheets can still be used for fifth graders who are working below their grade level.
30 pages of writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded/picture based, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
- The Best Animal
- The Best Insect
- The Best Christmas Treat
- The Best Season
- The Best Sport
- The Best _______ (Blank Template)
- Do You Prefer Butterflies or Ladybugs?
- Do You Prefer Rain or Snow?
- Do You Prefer Summer or Winter?
- Do You Prefer Birthdays or Halloween?
- Do You Prefer Easter or Christmas?
- Do You Prefer_______?(Blank Template)
- Would You Rather...be the teacher or the student?
- Would You Rather...be strong or be able to fly?
- Would You Rather...be a mermaid or a leprechaun?
- Would You Rather...play basketball or soccer?
- Would You Rather...be a dinosaur or a lion?
- Would You Rather_______?(Blank Template)
- My Favorite Candy
- My Favorite Dessert
- My Favorite Junk Food
- My Favorite Fruit
- My Favorite Drink
- My Favorite_______(Blank Template)
- Which Is Better...cats or dogs?
- Which Is Better...reading or playing sport?
- Which Is Better...sand or snow?
- Which Is Better...spring or fall?
- Which Is Better...doughnuts or sundaes?
- Which Is Better_______?(Blank Template)
- Whole group writing lessons
- Small group work (literacy and writing centers)
- Writer's Workshop
- Independent writing practice
- Early finishers
- Morning work
This is a scaffolded approach to teaching writing, with word prompts, as well as clip art and drawing boxes in order to be engaging. It is perfect for students who are struggling with writing or first learning the genre. This product is intended to help teach and scaffold the writing skill, not to be pages full of lines in which students write completely on their own (although some of the prompts are this way).
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)