Also included in
- This bundle will ensure that you have writing covered for the whole year! It features three resources (with a total of 90 writing prompts/worksheets) that cover the three common core standards for Opinion, Narrative, and Procedure writing. These no prep worksheets are perfect for writing lessons or$10.50$13.50Save $3.00
- Are you about to teach persuasive or opinion writing? This NO PREP bundle is exactly what you need for fun, engaging, and enjoyable opinion writing lessons. It features a PowerPoint, worksheets, and crafts.What is included? (Please view previews)A 20 slide PowerPoint.It is a great introduction to Pe$11.99$12.50Save $0.51
This resource is a must-have for teaching Opinion or Persuasive Writing. Your 4th grade students will love these prompts during writing lessons, writing centers, or writer's workshop. These writing activities are no prep worksheets, so simply print and go!
This is a year's worth of worksheets that includes student friendly and also seasonal topics (so that students can have fun writing opinion pieces throughout the school year, e.g. Easter, Halloween, Christmas, Spring, Summer, Fall, and Winter)!
*NOTE - This activity has the digital overlay tool option. Text boxes have been added!
It is common core aligned to the Fourth Grade Writing Standard and Sub-Standards:
CCSS.ELA-LITERACY.W.4.1 - Write opinion pieces on topics or texts, supporting a point of view with reasons and information.
Introduce a topic or text clearly, state an opinion, and create an organizational structure in which related ideas are grouped to support the writer's purpose. Provide reasons that are supported by facts and details. Link opinion and reasons using words and phrases (e.g., for instance, in order to, in addition). Provide a concluding statement or section related to the opinion presented.
Note: These worksheets can be used for Third Grade students, depending on their capabilities.
30 pages of writing prompts/worksheets (25 ready to go and 5 blank templates).
The prompts are in 5 different template styles. Some are more scaffolded/picture based, whereas others have more lines, for more advanced writers.
- The Best Animal
- The Best Insect
- The Best Christmas Treat
- The Best Season
- The Best Sport
- The Best _______ (Blank Template)
- Do You Prefer Butterflies or Ladybugs?
- Do You Prefer Rain or Snow?
- Do You Prefer Summer or Winter?
- Do You Prefer Birthdays or Halloween?
- Do You Prefer Easter or Christmas?
- Do You Prefer_______?(Blank Template)
- Would You Rather...be the teacher or the student?
- Would You Rather...be strong or be able to fly?
- Would You Rather...be a mermaid or a leprechaun?
- Would You Rather...play basketball or soccer?
- Would You Rather...be a dinosaur or a lion?
- Would You Rather_______?(Blank Template)
- My Favorite Candy
- My Favorite Dessert
- My Favorite Junk Food
- My Favorite Fruit
- My Favorite Drink
- My Favorite_______(Blank Template)
- Which Is Better...cats or dogs?
- Which Is Better...reading or playing sport?
- Which Is Better...sand or snow?
- Which Is Better...spring or fall?
- Which Is Better...doughnuts or sundaes?
- Which Is Better_______?(Blank Template)
At first glance, this product may seem ‘easy’ for the grade it is advertised for. This product is not meant to be pages full of writing lines. It is a scaffolded approach to teaching writing, with word prompts, as well as clip art and drawing boxes in order to be engaging. It is perfect for students who are struggling with writing or first learning the genre. This product is not for you if you are looking for all of the prompts to be full pages of writing lines. This product is intended to help teach and scaffold the writing skill, not to be pages full of lines in which students write completely on their own (although some of the prompts are this way).
Enjoy this resource! Don't forget to follow my store for more awesome products and rate this product for your TPT credits :)
Or grab the Craftivities Mega Bundle!
Check out the sister products:
Or grab the bundle and save $$!