This resource is a novel study unit based on the novel by Jerry Spinelli - 'Fourth Grade Rats'. This resource has all you need to teach in-depth comprehension skills for this novel. It has many differentiated comprehension questions, lots of comprehension activities, vocabulary activities and quizzes that cover a wide range of skills. It has 53 pages of actual students work and the rest pages are answer keys.
Included in this packet are -
1. Cover page
3. Pre-reading activity
4. Contents page
5.Prediction of story activities
6. Author study activity
7. Extensive comprehension questions for each chapter grouped as follows ( 1&2, 3&4, 5&6, 7&8, 9&10, 11&12, 13&14).
8. Answer keys for the comprehension questions
9. Open response questions and activities as well as graphic organizers for each chapter.
10. Vocabulary activities - definition and context clue meanings for
grouped chapters in the story
11. Vocabulary quizzes for grouped chapters plus answer keys
12. Chapter summaries
13. Literary elements activity
14. Draw the literary elements activity
15. What happened activity
16. Suds' feelings activity
17. Story characters activity
18. Story elements activity
19. Summarize questions prompts activity
20. Story settings activity
21. Suds' and Joey's social media profiles activity
22. Other problems and solutions activity
23. Other characters activity
24. Story timeline activity
25. Reading log activity
26. Compare and contrast Joey and Suds activity
27. Text to text writing prompt activity
28. Sequence of events activity
29. and lots more!