This is a homework pack that makes homework easy for you and more interesting for your students. There are 39 weeks of homework included.
I created this pack to give your students a routine in which they practice:
-Reading a challenging text
-Locating information in a text
-Multiplication and Division facts
-Research or reading independently
What you as a teacher do:
1. Select your topic for the week. Each story is listed along with the reading and math skill covered during the week. Fact practice is also included each week. Highlight the story you are using so that you can keep track of what you cover through the year.
2. Attach your spelling or vocabulary homework to this pack if you have it. Make a four-page two-sided packet for students. It will be due on Friday, so it is their responsibility to make sure that all requirements are met.
3. You might also want to assign daily homework in math or science/social studies.
4. When they return it on Friday, you (or your homework checker) should check off that they have completed and returned the packet. Pay special attention to page 1 to ensure that they have sufficiently completed the three free-choice activities. Then return the pack to each student.
5. Go over the packet together. Have students change their incorrect answers with a pen or marker. Not only does this save you time on grading, but it also gives you a chance to go over important skills with your students.
6. Collect the packs to quickly look over them. Then return them to go home.
OPTIONAL: You may want to call up certain students weekly to read a paragraph of the text to you to check fluency.
Download the sample! It has one weekly packet available for downloading and printing. See if you like the format before you buy it!
ANSWER KEY IS INCLUDED!