These writing booklets are a great way to help you stay on track with your Benchmark writing lessons! Each unit consists of 3 writing booklets - one per week. Updated 11/8 to include booklets aligned to the National Edition of Benchmark Advance (version used outside of CA). Click here to see a preview video for the National Booklets!
✏️The prompt section is left blank & editable. You may choose to type in the student prompt, teacher prompt, a variation of them, or your own!
✏️CA Edition: Each booklet for Units 1-7 has a page for analyzing the prompt with different colors, a page for finding text evidence, a drafting page, and a page for the revising and editing lesson (Lesson 15). Booklets for units 8-10 are designed for research.
✏️Check out the preview to download Unit 1 Week 1 for free!
To see a clip of my student explaining how she completed her writing booklet, click here: http://bit.ly/2m45Nq7
Included in this file:
- 30 weeks of writing booklets for the CA Edition
- 30 weeks of writing booklets for the National Edition (*These follow the pattern and outline of your writing program, which it totally different from California's. The preview file listed here on TpT is from the CA Edition, so it looks different).
* Units 8-10 look a little bit different for the CA Edition, since there is one prompt for the entire unit and it's more of a genre writing unit.
* Please check out the preview of Unit 1 Week 1. You can download and test it out with your students. Please note that this is compatible with Benchmark Advance curriculum, not the Benchmark Literacy program.
* Please note that the product images are of my third grade set, completed by one of my students. It has the student prompt typed in.
By purchasing this file, you are agreeing to use this file in your classroom only. You may not modify content, translate the file, share the file, or resell the content in any way. If your colleagues would like to use this file, please purchase additional licenses at a discount. You may not post this resource anywhere on the Internet.
Click the green star to follow my shop!