These bookmarks were created in collaboration with my colleagues to determine the skills that fourth graders must learn by the end of the year. These double-sided bookmarks contain the "Must-Haves" on one side, and there are several options for the back of the bookmark.
On the front of this bookmark lists the following "Must-Haves" for fourth grade along with an image to support each skill:
- Beginning of sentences and proper nouns are always capitalized
- Correct ending punctuation
- High frequency words spelled correctly
- Complete sentences
- Paragraphs indented
- "A" and "AN" used correctly
- Correct spacing between words
The options for the back include:
- Option #1: The writing process + Zaner-Bloser cursive alphabet + strategies for spelling
- Option #2: Strategies for spelling, Zaner-Bloser manuscript alphabet + finger space reminder
- Option #3: Zaner-Bloser manuscript alphabet + WOW word list + finger space reminder
- Option #4: Strategies for spelling + 100 most common misspelled words
- Option #5: 100 most common misspelled words
After you choose which option you'd like to use for the back of the bookmark, these bookmarks can be printed on cardstock double-sided and laminated, and can be used as an editing checklist.
Please see my store for Writing Bookmarks for other grade levels!