This will get students thinking about fractals and patterns in nature. It will get students thinking in new ways about the natural world around them.
- Are you looking for a meaningful activity to do in outside with your students?
- This patterns activity will work for many grade levels. And, it will get them all thinking.
- Looking for fractals and patterns in nature can be integrated with math and art.
- Included are:
- a poster of Benoit Mandelbrot, the scientist/mathematician who discovered and coined the term fractal,
- two pages showing pictures of patterns and fractals in nature
- a scavenger hunt recording sheet for students, and ideas and references for follow-up activities.
- What are you waiting for! Get outside and have some fun!
How to get TpT credit to use towards future purchases:
*Please go to your My Purchases page (you need to login). Next to each purchase you’ll see a Provide Feedback button. Click that and you will be taken to a page where you can give a rating and leave a short comment about the product. Each time you give feedback, TpT gives you credit that you can use towards your future purchases.