*Updated* Please download again 8/2/14
Tired of repeating fraction rules to your middle and high school students? Help your students grasp three wonderful fraction rules once and for all!
Fraction BFFs is a fraction pack with over 50 pages of awesome-ness. Students will be introduced to three fraction BFFs:
Phat Cat (a/1=a)
Cool Cat (a/1 X 1/a =1)
These fraction cats are best friends! Yes—because they have each other’s backs. When they find themselves in a difficult math problem, they can help each other out. That’s what best friends do right?
* Suggested pacing guide
* 6 Posters featuring the BFFs
* Reference page for students
* 3 different game boards and game cards
* Math mats
The pack begins with basic fraction operations and then adds in variables. The best game in this entire pack is, "Catch Those Cats". This game teaches students to look for the fractions in action in math equations. "Catch Those Cats" help students train their eyes and gain cat like reflexes in finding fractions.
DON'T buy this pack if:
* You are a second or third grade teacher. This pack is intended to help middle and high school students grasp fractions. If you do purchase it, only half of it may be useful to you.
* You were hoping for worksheets to pass out. This pack is an active participant pack meant to be used in math stations, centers, or small groups.
DO BUY THIS PACK if:
* You are a super cool teacher or tutor looking to get those fractions in your students heads once and for all.
* You have a tender spot for kitties...ha ha---:-)
Be sure to check out the preview. It has the direction page with page samples for you to read through to decide if this Fraction BFFs pack is for you.
Keywords: identity property of 1, multiplicative identity definition, fractions with variables, fractions for high school, fractions for middle school, equivalent fractions, simplifying fractions, improper fractions, mixed number fractions,