This booklet is a great booklet to use along with your fraction unit. Do a page of this booklet before your lesson to get students practicing the following skills:
- Placing fractions on a number line that is goes further than 1
- Comparing fractions using a number line
- Adding and subtracting simple fractions using the number line
- Identifying the common denominator among fractions
- Combining fractions to equal a sum
- Recognizing equivalent fractions within whole numbers
This booklet is aligned to the third grade NYS Common Core standards.