This differentiated choice board includes a variety of hands-on, higher-order thinking activities to help your students master the challenging concept of fractions! The download includes:
- A choice board with 6 differentiated, tiered activities.
- 6 Level A NO PREP printable activities (in color & black and white)
- 6 Level B NO PREP printable activities (in color & black and white)
- Student recording sheets
- Answer Key
- Teacher tips for classroom use
- Printable pattern block and tangram shapes (in color & black and white)
Each of the 6 choices has two printable activities, a Level A and Level B. Level A activities are designed for 3rd graders performing on grade level. They are also appropriate for high performing 2nd graders and 3rd graders slightly below grade level. Level B activities are geared towards 3rd grade students who are performing on or above grade level and 4th grade students.
The two tiers are a PERFECT way for students of different levels of ability and readiness to explore the same concepts and skills in appropriate, meaningful ways. On and below-grade level students can be working on level A, while your high achievers are happily engaged with level B. You can further differentiate the choice board by assigning a combination of level A and B activities for students based on their areas of skill and strength.
The six choice board activities include:
1. Pattern Block Puzzles (area models)
2. Line ‘Em Up (linear models)
3. Getting Geo with it (area models)
4. What’s the mistake? Error analysis (area and linear models)
5. Tangram Puzzles (area models)
6. Fraction Logic (area models)
Please check out the preview for a more detailed look of all that is included!
Let me know if you have any questions! I appreciate your support and want you to be 1,000% happy with your purchase! :-)