You must have access to Google Apps (Google Slides & Forms) & So will your students in order to complete the activities.
This digital escape room comes from a google site where all activities are linked. There are 4 tasks that students will complete to find the codes that they will enter into a google form (also linked on the google site). Everything you will need is in the one google site!
Each of the puzzle activities will always ask you and your students to create a copy in order to access the activity. This is so that they do not alter the original. Once you have a copy of the activity you may choose to save them and use them as you wish as well.
The google forms are just linked to the originally made forms - there is not really a reason to have access to these because it will not allow students to progress forward if the answers are correct.
**All you have to do is link the google site to your kids - and they complete the rest!
This digital escape/breakout task hits the following learning targets:
These align with Fairfax County Public Schools 5th Grade Unit 2
- Recognize and name fractions in their equivalent decimal form and vice versa (halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, eighths, tenths, and twelfths)
- Distinguish between terminating and repeating decimals Write repeating decimals using the appropriate notation
- Round decimals to the nearest whole number, tenth, or hundredth
- Order a set of fractions and decimals in both ascending and descending order
- Use models and reasoning to justify comparison or equivalence of two or more values
This activity also aligns with the Virginia (VA SOL) Standards
MTH.G5.1 Given a decimal through thousandths, round to the nearest whole number, tenth, or hundredth
MTH.G5.2.a Recognize and name fractions in their equivalent decimal form and vice versa and distinguish between terminating and repeating decimals
MTH.G5.2.b Compare and order fractions and decimals in a given set from least to greatest and greatest to least
MTH.G5.5.a Find the sum and difference of two numbers expressed as decimals through thousandths (PRS 2)