These cards will help your students see the equivalency between fractions and decimals and how to represent them pictorially!
Covers halves, fourths, fifths, tenths and one whole
This package includes:
- 1 set of cards where students need to shade in the hundreds grid and list equivalent decimals (fractions already provided)
- 1 set of cards where students provide the equivalent decimals (shading and fraction already provided)
- 1 set of completed cards
- Fraction checklist
- Blank cards and checklist
- 2 fraction/decimal card activities (War & a Number Line Ninja challenge)
- Directions & Word Bank
Directions: Using the checklist, students will be creating fraction/decimal fluency cards! These will help them think flexibly about fractions and decimals and easily identify equivalent ones to each other.
Each card will include the following:
- Picture– Color in the hundredths grid to represent the fraction.
- Fraction– list the fraction on your checklist as well as any equivalent or equal fractions.
- Decimals– Using the grid, list each equivalent decimal.
- Word Form: Write the word-form of the fraction from the checklist. Use the word bank below to help you spell!
This activity can be a great thing to have students start as morning work or within math workshop. They can make these cards and practice them all year long as well as keep them for upper grades.