This game consists of 25 different questions, made in PowerPoint. The 5 categories are: Comparing Fractions Decimals and Percents (FDP), Ordering FDP, Converting FDP, Ratios, and Pictures of FDP.
Here are the directions to the game:
1.Split the class up into 3-4 groups.
2. Have a group pick the first category.
3. Have all of the kids in the class answer the question. Whiteboards work great for this activity.
4. When you notice that the class is ready, have the kids hold up their boards.
5. Advance to the next slide for the answer.
6. Give points to every group that got the question correct.
7. Click on the answer screen to take you back to the screen with the categories. You will notice that the previous question’s point value is now in white font. This makes it easy for you to see what questions have been chosen.
8. Keep playing the game until you would like to stop, or when you use up all of the questions.
9. Add up the points for each team to determine a winner.