Fraction Envelope Book Kit | Comparing Fractions | Equivalent Fractions
What educators are saying
Also included in
- This BUNDLE contains all of my interactive math kits for a reduced price! There are seven math kits in all- five lapbooks, one envelope book, and one accordion envelope book. Each kit contains black line masters and photo illustrations for making the project. Click on the links below to see the specPrice $29.50Original Price $38.50Save $9.00
- This is a bundle of all of my Interactive Kit Bundles! Purchase all four of the bundles together for an even deeper discount! The ULTIMATE Bundle contains 34 interactive kits. Save $95.25 when you purchase them all together!FULL VALUE: $275.25BUNDLE PRICE: $180.00!The ULTIMATE Bundle includes the foPrice $180.00Original Price $275.25Save $95.25
This 32 page download is a complete kit with black line masters and step by step photo directions for making a Fractions envelope book with your students. This kit includes visuals for basic fraction concepts (outlined below), along with two fraction games to practice comparing fractions. The printables were designed to fit inside a 10 x 13 inch envelope, but they will also fit in a standard size notebook if you prefer. Use them to complement your own fractions unit!
This fraction kit contains the following:
1. Step by step photo tutorial of how to make an envelope book
2. Photos for each part of the book, including a sample of each completed page
3. Fraction cover page
4. Fraction flip book with key vocabulary (numerator, denominator, bar model fraction, circle model fraction, fraction on a number line, fraction as part of a set)
5. Equivalent fraction insert (color and identify one-half equivalencies)
6. Benchmark fraction insert (compare fractions using the one-half benchmark model)
7. Decomposing fractions insert (color fraction models to show different ways to break apart the same fraction)
8. Composing fractions insert (color fractional parts to build fractions)
9. Add and subtract like fractions (color circle models to show addition and subtraction with common denominators)
10. "Comparispin" game (comparing and ordering fractions)
11. "Fraction WAR" board game, student direction sheet, and printable playing cards
12. Fraction strip chart for comparing fractions
Each student will need one 10 x 13 inch envelope to make the book. A pencil and paper clip will be needed for the spinner game. Real playing cards can be used for the "Fraction WAR" game, or printable cards are included.
Envelope books are an excellent way to keep students motivated and engaged in their learning. It is a nice way to keep everything in one place instead of sending home lots of loose papers. The complete envelope book makes a terrific reference tool or study guide for the unit test.
This product is now available as part of a BUNDLE! Download it individually or save money when you purchase it as part of the Interactive Math Kit Bundle!
Thank you for considering my Fractions Envelope Book Kit!
If you like interactive kits, you may also want to check out:
Figurative Language Envelope Book Kit
Measurement Lapbook Interactive Kit: Customary & Metric
Geography Lapbook Interactive Kit
Endangered Animals Lapbook Interactive Kit
Solar System Lapbook Interactive Kit
Economics Bag Book/ Interactive Notebook Kit
Multiplication Lapbook: Concepts and Fact Fluency
Early Finishers: Free Time File
Geometry Lapbook Interactive Kit
Chrissie Rissmiller :-)