Fractions a mystery to your students? Need some extra practice? This fractions activity includes 28 task cards that deal with converting improper fractions to mixed numbers. Students will also determine if the fraction is in lowest terms, and if it isn't, they then simplify it. An answer sheet and three extra practice pages are included in this packet. The cards are in color, but have been tested and will print well in black and white.
Ideas for using these task cards:
1) Use in a center.
2) Use for small group instruction.
3) Use as assessment for checking student's ability to move on to the next skill.
4) Set out for use by those who finish their work early.
5) Use for partner work. Students choose a card and their partner works the problem out on a white board or scrap paper. Check each others answers.
6) Use these as a part of whole class lessons.
7) Play Scoot!
There's more where these came from! Check out some of my other task cards for math!
Fraction Files - Equivalent Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Comparing Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Solving for the Missing Variable Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Simplifying Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Ordering Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Converting Mixed Numbers to Improper Fractions Task Cards
Fraction Files - Add & Subtract Fractions with Like Denominators Task Cards