PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
6.66 MB | 25 pages
Fractions! Are fractions a mystery to your students? Need some extra practice? This fractions activity includes 52 task cards that deal with dividing. Set 1 (Green) shows visual division of a fraction by a whole number. Set 2 (Blue) is simply practice dividing fractions by fractions. Students complete the division process, then determine if the fraction is in lowest terms, and if it isn't, they simplify it. An answer sheet and four extra practice pages are included in this packet. The cards are in color, but have been tested and will print well in black and white.
Ideas for using these task cards:
1) Use in a center.
2) Use for small group instruction.
3) Use as assessment for checking student's ability to move on to the next skill.
4) Set out for use by those who finish their work early.
5) Use for partner work. Students choose a card and their partner works the problem out on a white board or scrap paper. Check each others answers.
6) Use these as a part of whole class lessons.
7) Play Scoot!