This set includes 5 area and perimeter “spot checks” which are aligned to common core 3NF.1, 3.NF.2, 3.NF.3. The spot checks progress logically through the skill set as they are likely presented in your classroom.
The set includes extended response questions which can be used with all students or can be used as extensions to differentiate for higher-level thinkers.
These formative assessments can be used in a variety of ways:
- Use as “exit tickets” to check the students’ understanding after a lesson.
- Use to collect data to group students for instruction.
- Assign spot checks as homework to review skills covered in class.
- Assess students throughout the unit and use spot checks for grades.
- Start class with a spot check to see what students remember from the previous lesson.
- Use in any way that benefits your students!