Match Fraction Models to the Fracction.
49 Model Cards and 49 Fraction Cards. Totaling to 98 cards.
Regular and Irregular Models. (Most students are familiar with the common 10th and 100th models but when the 10th model is different the students tend to get stuck with the model since it is not familiar to them. Therefore, I used these type of models in my classroom to help them see all types of models that can show up in a standardized test).
This activity can be used in a variety of ways.
- Naming a fraction
- Naming a decimal
- Matching the model with the decimal
- Writing a fraction into words
- Writing a decimal into words
- Order fraction models (give them a 5 cards)
- Compare fractions and decimals
- Order fraction models and decimals
etc be creative