PDF (Acrobat) Document File
Be sure that you have an application to open this file type before downloading and/or purchasing.
NO PREP! Save time!
This no-prep pack includes 21 open-ended fraction tasks and reflection prompts.
Most tasks have challenge elements also.
This product is AMAZING value!
This is a huge pack of open-ended fraction tasks - an awesome way to differentiate without extra work for you! Great for those ‘high flyers’ you have that you are struggling to extend or challenge but also suitable for the strugglers so everyone achieves success.
Just print and use – the pack includes 21 open-ended fraction tasks.
All of these tasks can be adapted or adjusted for varying ages or abilities so truly the number of activities are endless!
Included are operations with fractions, mixed numbers and whole numbers and all open-ended tasks are linked to real-world scenarios – for greater engagement.
Included also is a full page of teaching notes and printable growth mindset themed reflection prompts that would suit any other maths topic or subject.
The worksheets included in this pack are:
Page – Topic
P1 - Cover Page
P2 – Fraction Wall
P3-24 – No Prep Open Ended Fraction Questions (1 per slide)
P25 & 26 – Teaching notes
P27-31 – Reflection notes and prompts
*There is one task per worksheet and most tasks include a challenge – but remember they are open-ended tasks. So they inherently allow children to challenge themselves.
Other reasons why you need to be using open-ended maths tasks:
- require students to use problem-solving skills whilst applying skills to new situations in order to demonstrate knowledge
- they cater for differences in the learners in your class – children can answer in a range of ways and challenge themselves
- they encourage children to think flexibly (it is even better if you model this as you are teaching) you will be amazed at what the students come up with
- they promote great discussion during reflection time – allowing children to share the range of strategies and skills that they used to attack a problem (open-ended tasks promote peer teaching!)
- they create a good assessment tool for students who can extend themselves and show their true abilities
Please check out our range of free activities.
We are endeavouring to create more and more resources and activities during this year.
Please follow our experience on TPT – click the green star.
Make sure you leave some feedback or ask questions!
(Give feedback on your My Purchases page and earn credits to spend as $$$ on TPT)