Utilize one of your students' favorite foods to understand the concept of a fraction. With this editable Power Point, you can differentiation the type of fractions your students are working with and apply their understanding to word problems. Finally, use their fresh baked pies to visualize break a whole into pieces when subtracting with fractions.
1. Brief lesson plan outline
2. A fraction pizza example.
3. A fraction word problem
4. Blank crust templates
5. Sheets of toppings: bacon, ham, mushrooms, pepperoni, peppers, pineapple, sausage, and broccoli
6. Differentiated fraction pizza pie orders
7. Blank fraction pizza pie slips
8. Exit Slip