What is a Fraction Quick Check?
I created these quick checks out of necessity. I was looking for a product to quickly and effectively assess (or reassess) my students' progress in all fraction standards, that only focused on one specific concept versus the standard as a whole. Now, when I work with a small group, I can give them a Fraction Quick Check as an exit ticket that focuses only on the specific fraction skill we worked on.
I plan to create at least 3 different versions of Fraction Quick Checks to use as additional assessments or reassessments.
There are 20 half-page Quick Checks with 3-6 problems, depending on the standard and type of question. There is a also a detailed table of contents so you can see each Quick Check description and its common core alignment, and an answer key.
* Adding fractions with unlike denominators
* Subtracting fractions with unlike denominators
* Adding mixed numbers with unlike denominators
* Subtracting fractions from whole numbers
* Subtracting mixed numbers with unlike denominators
* Using benchmark fractions to estimate sums and differences
* Word problems involving addition and subtraction of fractions and mixed numbers
* Fractions as division
* Multiplying fractions
* Multiplying fractions and whole numbers
* Create a story and solve (fractions)
* Create a story and solve (fractions and whole numbers)
* Area models
* Multiplication as scaling
* Word problems involving multiplication of fractions
* Dividing whole numbers by unit fractions
* Dividing unit fractions by whole numbers
* Word problems involving division of fractions
* Create a story and solve (whole numbers by unit fractions)
* Create a story and solve (unit fractions by whole numbers)
Ways to use:
* Exit tickets
* Review for a test/quiz
* During small group reteaching or RTI groups
* Center work
* Independent work (or in an INB)
* Morning work
* Possibilities are endless!
Want to try before you buy? Be sure to download the preview for TWO free Quick Checks and answer keys!
***Please consider following me so you'll receive updates on when the other versions are released.***
***Please consider leaving feedback!***
Thank you! :)
Fun in the Fifth Grade
NOTE: While I always strive for accuracy, I am human and can make editing mistakes. If you find anything that needs correcting, please send me a message immediately. I would be happy to correct and upload a new file before you rate it! :) Thank you in advance.