Fraction Subtraction - Subtract Mixed Numbers
Card game where students practice subtracting mixed numbers with like and unlike denominators. Students also work on identifying equivalent fractions.
I made this game for my 5th graders but could be used with 6th grade as well.
I printed the cards on pretty colored scrapbook paper, laminated them, and cut them out. Then I glued the instructions, title, and players cards onto a box to store them. Enjoy!
Read Game Directions Below
1. Shuffle the cards. Then spread out the cards face down on the table.
2. Player 1 turns over any two cards. (Both players should complete the problems in order to check for accuracy.)
3. If the answers to the problems are equivalent, player 1 keeps the cards and receives one point. Player 1 continues his or her turn.
4. If the solutions are not equivalent, the cards are turned over and player 2 takes a turn.
5. Play continues until all matches are made. The player with the most points wins!
6. Make sure to record all of your work and clean up when time is called!