This unit focuses on introducing fractions sixths, eighths and tenths while reviewing wholes, halves, thirds, fourths and fifths that were introduced in the other fraction unit that is for sale. In addition to fractions wholes through tenths, this unit includes comparing fractions strictly based on pictures.
Included in this package:
1. Spiders Love Sixths Handout
2. Fraction Bingo (wholes, halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths)
3. Fraction Frogs Matching (wholes, halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths using part of a whole, part of a set and numbers)
4. Elephants Love Eighths Handout
5. Fractionpillars (eighths)
6. Magic Square (sixths and eighths)
7. I Have Who Has (halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, and eighths as part of a set)
8. Matching or Memory Cards (halves, thirds, fourths, fifths, sixths, and eighths as part of a set)
9. Monsters Love Tenths Handout
10. Goldfish Fractions (tenths)
11. Graham Cracker Fractions (comparing using pictures)
12. Comparing Fractions Dice Game (comparing using pictures)
13. Fraction Cards for War (comparing using pictures)
* Fraction Bingo: Students create their own Bingo boards by cutting and gluing pictures that are provided. Pieces for the teacher to use to call out the fractions are included.
* Fractionpillars: Different colored fractionpillars are provided for the teacher to copy, laminate cut, distribute and reuse. After each student receives a picture of a colored fractionpillar, they color their own fractionpillar to match. Students then record how many body parts are what color and the fraction they represent.
* Goldfish Fractions: Each student would need to receive a small baggie of 10 colored goldfish.
Clipart from mycutegraphics.com