Fraction Word Problems Solve & Draw Task Cards are a no-prep way to make fraction review work and practice more engaging. Put a new spin on color-by-number or mystery drawings and channel your students' love for doodling and drawing.These are also designed to provide practice of reading math directions and breaking down multi-step word problems. These are intended to be a challenge or review activity as students will need to understand fraction concepts and calculation skills to complete these task cards. You will receive two levels with the same correct drawing prompts so you can differentiate.
How Solve & Draw Task Cards Work:
Students read the word problem, determine the steps they need to take, and solve the fraction calculations. Then, there are two related math problems, often requiring critical thinking and making connections, that will prompt them to add specific objects to the drawing. Two levels are included so you can differentiate for your students. Three drawings are included, each with 8 associated task cards (sea creature from the correct drawing is on each numbered task card).
Level 1 – Each word problem is followed by two drawing prompts. Students choose the correct answer and add to the drawing. Level 1 task cards involve solving only one word problem per card. These cards may be a better fit for students who are not as confident with fraction problem solving and even students who need extra time to complete math work.
Level 2 – This set is a challenge and has been positively reviewed by teachers for use with gifted students and early finishers. This set contains the same word problems as Level 1 and will have the same correct drawing prompts, enabling you to utilize both sets with the same classroom seamlessly. The answer to the first word problem in Level 2 is not directly tied to the drawing prompts, and students will need to do further problem solving and calculations in order to determine with drawing prompts are correct. This requires students complete three math problems on one task card. To keep them from guessing, each problem may have one correct drawing prompt, two, or none.
Task cards are included in both color and black-and-white. An answer sheet with workspace is provided and may be copied on to the back of the drawing or separately. You may also choose to print copies of the task cards in black-and-white, especially for students needing support, and allowing students to complete the work on the task cards.
Drawing prompts require a student to use multiple skills:
• Fraction calculations (all operations)
• Comparing and reducing fractions
• Reading word problems carefully and determining the steps and calculations needed to solve
• Making math connections
• Independently using math vocabulary
• Reading directions accurately
You Might Also Be Interested In:
• Fraction Operations Solve & Draw Pack: Addition, Subtraction, Multiplication, & Division
•Decimal Operations Solve & Draw Bundle
• See all my Math resources by clicking here!
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to login). Beside each purchase you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. I value your feedback greatly as it helps me determine which products are most valuable for your classroom so I can create more for you.
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star near the top of any page within my store and click it to become a follower. You will then receive customized email updates about this store.