FRACTION WORD PROBLEMS ADDITION & SUBTRACTION PLUS DECIMAL WORD PROBLEMS ADDITION & SUBTRACTION
- - - - FRACTION WORD PROBLEMS ADDITION & SUBTRACTION:
* NO FLUFF - JUST 25 PURE WORD PROBLEMS TO SOLVE!
* You receive 2 worksheets of 25 word problems involving ALL types of addition and subtraction of fractions with LIKE and UNLIKE denominators.
* Each problem involves either addition or subtraction or BOTH operations together in one problem. Many of them do.
* Your students will not only need to decide what operation/s to use, but must also solve the problems to LOWEST TERMS.
* For use only AFTER your unit on addition and subtraction of fractions is in full swing. Students cannot solve these problems without prior knowledge of how to add and subtract fractions.
* GREAT LESSON SUGGESTION - - - READ BELOW:
SUGGESTION:orally read and discuss all of the word problems DURING class and have students just give the correct operations discussing as you go along. THEN assign them to SOLVE the problems for homework! I've done this for years - works great.
- - - - DECIMALS WORD PROBLEMS ADDITION AND SUBTRACTION:
* NO FLUFF - JUST 20 PURE WORD PROBLEMS!
* You receive 4 full worksheets of 20 word problems involving addition and subtraction of decimals.
* Each problem involves either addition or subtraction or BOTH operations together in one problem.
* Your students will not only need to decide what operations to use, but must also solve the problems accordingly. Some of the problems require MORE THAN ONE STEP to solve.
* CHALLENGE YOUR STUDENTS TO THINK!
* Students are asked to WRITE THEIR OWN WORD PROBLEM at the end of side 4. Share these in class letting the students decide what operations were used. GREAT FOLLOW-UP ACTIVITY!
Designed and created by David Filipek.
Copyright© 2017 David Filipek
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission for downloads to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.
Some graphics provided by My Cute Graphics. Their website is: http://www.mycutegraphics.com/