FRACTION WORD PROBLEMS ALL OPERATIONS PLUS FRACTION FUN FACTS
- - - - FRACTION WORD PROBLEMS ALL OPERATIONS:
* NO FLUFF - JUST 50 PURE WORD PROBLEMS TO SOLVE!
* You receive 4 worksheets of 50 word problems - 25 problems involving ALL types of addition and subtraction of fractions with LIKE and UNLIKE denominators AND 25 problems involving all types of multiplication and division of fractions.
* Each of the addition or subtraction problems involves either operation or BOTH operations together in one problem. Many of them do.
* Each of the multiplication or division problems involves either of these two operations.
* Your students will not only need to decide what operation/s to use, but must also solve the problems to LOWEST TERMS.
* For use only AFTER your unit on addition and subtraction or multiplication and division of fractions is in full swing. Students cannot solve these problems without prior knowledge of how to solve fractions.
* * LESSON SUGGESTION : orally read and discuss the word problems DURING class and have students just give the correct operations discussing as you go along. THEN assign them to SOLVE the problems for homework! I've done this for years - works great.
* Your download of 6 pages includes answers.
- - - - FRACTION FUN FACTS:
* CHALLENGE YOUR STUDENTS WITH THESE THREE WORKSHEETS!
* You and your students will get some great work from these. GUARANTEED TO LEAD TO CLASS DISCUSSIONS!
* You receive 25 information questions all dealing with fractions on the first two pages. Each question asks something that relates to fractions, some hard some not so hard.
* These are NOT EXAMPLES, but actual questions involving fractions. Your students may be surprised at what they learn from these.
* PLUS...on the third worksheet, you get a BONUS, FRUSTRATING FRACTION BRAIN TEASERS! 10 examples all on fractions but not your typical exercises. These brain teasers will test their knowledge of fractions. Actually, quite a lot of FUN!!
* Your download of 5 pages includes answers for everything.
* Hand these out as classwork, a challenging homework or use them as a whole classroom lesson trying to get the answers together.
Designed and created by David Filipek.
Copyright© 2017 David Filipek
All rights reserved by the author.
Permission for downloads to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only. Not for public display.