Also included in
- Do you recognize the importance of problem solving and realize that you need to infuse more challenging word problems into your teaching, math workshop, or guided math groups? So if you are looking for quality word problems--read on!This BUNDLED set of 80 mixed operation (addition, subtraction, mult$14.95$19.80Save $4.85
- TEN of my top selling fraction resources geared toward helping students truly develop their deep understanding of fractions are now bundled for you!After multiple requests, I have bundled together these 10 resources to provide truly everything you will need to either TEACH a unit on fractions or sup$39.75$50.20Save $10.45
This set of 20 fraction word problems reflect the Common Core State Standards for grades 4 and 5. The 20 problems included require students to use all four operations to solve fraction "real world" word problems. These problems are geared for students in grades 4 and 5 and stress problem solving and higher-level thinking!
Problems are included in THREE formats:
- with multiple copies on a page to be cut out and glued into a math journal
- on reproducible pages to use as practice sheets (4 problems per page)
- and on full sheet pages that give workspace for one problem, a place for students to write matching equations, and a lined area for students to explain their work—an important part of the CCSS!
Answers are included as are three rubrics to use to help in scoring the Standards for Mathematical Practice!
Over the years I have noticed that students tend to look for routine in math class. If it’s a division unit, they will divide any two numbers they find! If it’s a subtraction unit, they try to regroup everything!
For that reason, I try hard to sprinkle in a variety of problems all year that require students to think and apply what they have learned—perhaps draw a picture or make a table to help . . . but, most importantly, to THINK about math. I hope you find these useful!
I hope you find uses for all three versions of the problems…perhaps using a page or two from each as you see fit. You can use this as a part of a unit on fractions or simply use them throughout the year to improve problem-solving!
See also other problem sets at a variety of levels!
Now also available in a TASK CARD FORMAT! by clicking HERE!
And many more in my store!
All rights reserved by ©The Teacher Studio. Purchase of this problem set entitles the purchaser the right to reproduce the pages in limited quantities for single classroom use only. Duplication for an entire school, an entire school system, or commercial purposes is strictly forbidden without written permission from the author at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additional licenses are available at a reduced price.