• Deck of Game Cards (Fraction cards, Decimal cards, or a mix)
• A partner
• A recording sheet
How to Play:
• Create a deck of cards to be used for the game using Fraction cards, Decimal cards, or a combination of the two sets.
• Deal out half the cards to each player.
• Each player holds his or her cards face down in a pile.
• Players turn-over the top card and compare the value of the two cards. The player with the greater value wins the pair of cards and places them in a discard pile.
• If the value of the two cards is equivalent, the players turn-over an additional card and again compare the values of the cards to “battle” over who takes the cards.
• Play continues until all cards have been played. The winner of the game is the player who has the greatest number of cards in his or her discard pile.
• Be sure to keep a record of the game by recording the cards turned on each round, the winner of each round, and the final winner.