Fractions Activities for 2nd Grade: Do you need a fun and engaging way to teach your 2nd grade students about fractions? Use this fractions unit to help your 2nd grade students practice simple fractions or use a fractions review. These fraction activities can be used during your whole group lessons or in a small group setting.
This fractions unit uses key vocabulary, hands on practice, fraction games, and constant review to help your students build a deeper understanding of fractions!
This unit includes:
- Fraction Resource Suggestions- includes books, websites, manipulatives, and videos to use when introducing your students to fractions!
- Fraction Vocabulary Posters- fraction, partition, numerator, denominator
- Fraction Terms tab book- perfect for gluing into a interactive student notebook or just as a print and go activity.
- Partitioning Rectangles hands on exploration- students learn more about partitioning rectangles with this hands on exploration method!
- Partitioning Rectangles cut and paste
- Fraction Sort Foldable- students create a pocket foldable and sort pictures of fractions and non fractions
- Making Equal Parts- Set of task cards to help students partition shapes into equal parts. Use as a read the room activity or center.
- Fraction Name Sort- Students sort different partitioned shapes into halves, thirds, fourths, and eighths. Play as a whole group game with the sorting mats on the carpet, then move it to a math center for continued practice
- Fraction Pieces 3 Tab Book- students create their own examples of halves, thirds, and fourths
- Name That Fraction- Cut and paste activity for halves, thirds, and fourths.
- Fraction Hunt- Hang these cards around the classroom for a fun “read the room” activity.
- "I Have…Who Has…” Fraction Game Great for review, use this as a who group activity to review concepts.
- Fractions Assessment- perfect to use as a formative or summative assessment for your fractions unit!
See how this product is used in my classroom HERE!
Your students will love all the hands-on learning, games, and activities included in this unit! With this instructional unit, your students will build a strong foundation of fractions!
This isn't just another worksheets pack! Your students will be building, creating, partitioning, and labeling fractions throughout the unit!
This fraction unit also includes an end of unit assessment so that you can assess your students' understanding of fractions!
Teachers Like you Have Said...
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐The Teacher's Mate said... I love this resource. I used it in Maths groups to consolidate my students' understanding of fractions. Great product. Thanks!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Gabrielle S. said....This product was extremely helpful to work with my kids on our (over a month-long) unit of Fractions. I was even able to explain our methods of fractions to parents using these on our ZOOM parent-teacher conferences!
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐Kaylie S. said...These were great activities to engage students in learning about fractions. My students had so much fun with these!
More Amazing Math Products
How to get TPT credit to use on future purchases:
• Please go to your My Purchases page (you may need to
login). Beside each purchase, you'll see a Provide Feedback button. Simply click it and you will be taken to a page where you can give a quick rating and leave a short comment for the product. Each time you give feedback, TPT gives you feedback credits that you use to lower the cost of your future purchases. I value your feedback greatly! :-)
Be the first to know about my new discounts, freebies and product launches:
• Look for the green star next to my store logo and click it to become a follower. Voila! You will now receive email updates about this store. ☺
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
♥ Leigh Langton from The Applicious Teacher
I’m social! Connect with me:
Facebook: The Applicious Teacher
Blog: The Applicious Teacher