This file contains 10 Scavenger Hunts over Adding and Subtracting Fractions and Mixed numbers.
A scavenger hunt is a more engaging and mobile alternative to just giving the students a worksheet. Each Scavenger Hunt contains between 10 and 14 problems.
The Scavenger Hunts in this pack are listed below:
1.Adding Fractions with Common Denominators
2.Adding Fractions and Mixed Numbers with Common Denominators
3.Adding Fractions with Unlike Denominators
4. Adding Fractions and Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators
5. Subtracting Simpler Fractions with Common Denominators
6. Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers with Common Denominators
7. Subtracting Simpler Fractions with Unlike Denominators
8. Subtracting Fractions and Mixed Numbers with Unlike Denominators
9. Subtracting Harder Fractions with Unlike Denominators
10. Converting Improper Fractions to Mixed Numbers
To use the scavenger hunt:
1) The slides are currently in order so that the question on the bottom half of each slide is answered on the top half of the next slide.
2) Print out all the slides and post them up randomly around the room or in the hall
3) The 1st slide is your key so don't post that one :)
4) Students start at any sheet and answer the question at the bottom. Their answer will be the number at the top of a _different_ sheet. That sheet is the next one they will solve. This continues until they are back at where they started.
5) Have students write down what the picture is for each question as they go so that they can quickly tell you the order when they're done (or when the think they're lost) so you can check it against your answer key.
Each different scavenger hunt has a different theme ranging from insects to jobs to cars and more.
If you have any questions/comments/compliments then please let me know! I'm currently teaching middle school Algebra so I'm doing this my free time (what little of it there is, heh). :)