A worksheet designed to visually demonstrate to students the relationship between greatest common factors, lowest terms, and equivalent fractions.
The worksheet is broken into 5 parts:
1. Shading in and comparing two fractions visually to determine if they are equivalents.
2. Given a pre-shaded fraction, shading in a blank fraction pre-divided into equal parts to make it equivalent, and then writing the resulting fraction.
3. Given two equivalent fractions, shading in a blank fraction representing the lowest term.
1. Finding the greatest common factor to express fractions in lowest terms, mathematically.
2. Reducing two fractions and comparing their lowest terms to determine if they are equivalent fractions.
This worksheet may be used in parts to slowly introduce students to these concepts, or all at once as a review sheet.