Four BUMP IT games included in this download!
Game #1: Representing fractions from zero to one whole with halves, fourths, and eighths.
Game #2: Representing fractions from zero to one whole with halves, thirds, and sixths.
Game #3: Comparing and equivalent fractions from zero to one whole with halves, fourths, and eighths.
Game #4: Comparing and equivalent fractions from zero to one whole with halves, thirds, and sixths.
How to Play Bump it!
1. Students place their game piece on the start square.
2. Students take turns rolling one die, moving that many spaces, and then covering up a match with one of their transparent chips on the interior board.
3. If a player lands on a space that matches something that is already covered they can bump someone else off of a space or lock their space by stacking a second transparent chip on top.
4. First player to get four in a row up and down, across, or diagonal wins.
This activity covers Texas 3rd Grade Math TEKS 3.3A, 3.3F, 3.3H
(6) Number and operations. The student applies mathematical process standards to represent and explain fractional units.
The student is expected to:
(A) represent fractions greater than zero and less than or equal to one with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6, and 8 using concrete objects and pictorial models, including strip diagrams and number lines
(F) represent equivalent fractions with denominators of 2, 3, 4, 6,
and 8 using a variety of objects and pictorial models, including
(H) compare two fractions having the same numerator or
denominator in problems by reasoning about their sizes and
justifying the conclusion using symbols, words, objects, and
Like this BUMP game? Check out my others:
Division Facts Bump it! TEKS 3.4FMultiplication Facts Bump it! TEKS 3.4FRounding to the Nearest 10 or 100 Bump it! TEKS 3.4BQuadrilateral Bump it! TEKS 3.6B***Or, save even more when you purchase them as a BUNDLE!***
3rd Grade Math TEKS Bump It Bundle
All rights reserved by author.
Permission to copy for single classroom use only.
Electronic distribution limited to single classroom use only.
Not for public display.