This mini bundle of resources focuses on Fractions, and was developed using the 3rd Grade Common Core State Standards.
- a 62-slide interactive PowerPoint
- a PowerPoint Worksheet Companion (so students can follow along as you progress through the PowerPoint with their own papers they can write on)
- 5 Exit Slips (matching the five sections of the PowerPoint)
- a culminating CRAFTIVITY (that can also be used as an end-of-unit assessment!)
The PowerPoint is highly interactive. It begins with an introduction to fraction vocabulary and some "real-life" fraction examples.
After the introduction section, there are five main sections to the PowerPoint:
1. Determining basic fractions based on images.
2. Identifying & generating fractions on a number line.
3. Identifying and generating equivalent fractions.
4. Identifying fractions that are also whole numbers.
5. Comparing fractions (<, >, or =).
Each section contains MANY practice opportunities!
(The PowerPoint is also fully animated, so that answers do not appear on the screen until the teacher has clicked the mouse.)
The craftivity, which includes multiple problems for each section of the PowerPoint listed above, is an ideal follow-up activity, and the craftivity can be hung on a bulletin board or in the hallway- they create a fun display that shows passers-by exactly what you have been learning in your classroom.
Please take a moment to check out the PREVIEW!!
Also, feel free to click on the following links and take a closer look at any of these resources and view their individual PREVIEWS:
Fraction PowerPoint based on 3rd Grade CCSS (plus a bonus PowerPoint Companion and 5 exit slips!)
Fraction Craftivity (based on 3rd Grade CCSS)
**Please note: the PowerPoint cannot be edited due to the copyright requirements made by the contributing artists (clip art, font, backgrounds).
By Deb Hanson 2015
Visit my blog! www.crafting-connections.blogspot.com
This item is a paid digital download from my TpT store
As such, it is for use in one classroom only. This item is also bound by copyright laws. Redistributing, editing, selling, or posting this item (or any part thereof) on the Internet are all strictly prohibited without first gaining permission from the author. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act. Please contact me if you wish to be granted special permissions!