This pack was created to provide simple and engaging activities for fractions. One whole group activity, five math centers, and three interactive notebook activities are included. The centers are available in color and in black and white. Click below to go to the color activity. Click here to skip to the black and white centers. Please note, Build a Sixth Sundae and Baking Fractions are only in color due to the nature of the activities.
The following whole group activity is included. This could also be completed as a small group activity.
• My Fraction Book- Model for students how to partition and shade fractions of a whole, shade fractions of a set, and fractions on a number line by creating a book. Additional pages are enlarged to easily be projected on the Smart or Promethean Board for modeling.
The following centers are included:
• Fraction Farm- Students match the fraction to a picture of the fraction. This center practices identifying fractions of a whole.
• Parts of a Pet Shop- Students match a fraction to the fraction of the set. This center practices identifying fractions of a set. Students then record the work on their answer sheet.
• Build a Sixth Sundae- Students practice saying the fraction to build a sundae. There is no recording sheet for this center. Please note, two copies of the materials are included to accommodate two players.
• Baking Fractions- Students read fraction word problem and then match the problem to a picture of the fraction. Students then record the work on their answer sheet.
• Puzzling Fractions- Students match the fraction of a whole, fraction of a set, fraction on a number line, and the name of the fraction. Six puzzles are included in this center. Please note, that each of the puzzle pieces will need to be cut apart.
Three interactive notebook pages are included to practice identifying and partitioning fractions.