This is a 3 page Word Document. Two pages of problems (12 total, in boxes, nicely organized for students to show their work). The third page is an answer key.
The problems are adding and subtracting fractions. Some problems require renaming (ex: 3 1/4 - 1 2/4...they have to convert the first mixed number with a number that has a higher denominator on top in order to subtract). Some of the questions are multi-step questions. See below for actual examples:
Examples from the worksheets:
2) Dillon had 4 ¾ pounds of flour. Billy had 5 ¼ pounds of flour. Sara had 6 ¾ pounds of flour. They needed 19 pounds of flour. How much more flour did they need?
3) A quarter is ¼ of a dollar. Maci had 18 quarters. How much money did he have?
9) Cody had 9 and 3/5 pounds of candy from Halloween. Dylan had 7 and 4/5 pounds of candy. How much more did Cody have?
11) Write the fraction as a sum of unit fractions:
10) Mary made 5 ¼ pounds of cinnamon bread. Harry made 2 2/4 pounds of bread. They wanted to make 9 pounds total. How many pounds do they need?
8) 5 ¼ + 6 ¾ + 7 ¼ =