This fun PowerPoint game is a hit with my students. They work in collaborative teams and cautiously choose a letter from the home screen. Most letters hold a review question that they can answer to gain points for their team. But if they're not careful, they could get a ZONK and lose two points! Suspense fills the room as students wait for me to click on their letter. Each click that leads to a question is filled with cheers and students are so glad they have a problem to answer that they get started right away. It's a great way to do a test prep review that's fun and interactive. Having a student keeping tally on your board helps students remain motivated throughout the game.
This game assesses students' ability to convert between fractions and decimals. Students are also given an opportunity to review simplest form and improper fractions/mixed numbers. The file includes teacher implementation recommendations and a student work page for scholars to show their work.
1. From the home screen, students will choose a letter.
2. Click on the letter and the corresponding slide appears.
3. Students will discuss and share their answer choice with you.
4. Click on their answer.
5. It will tell them "Correct" or "Wrong"
6. To go back to the question, click anywhere on the "Correct" or "Wrong" slide.
7. From the question or zonk slides, click the white circle in the bottom right hand corner to go back to the home screen.
8. Have fun!