Treat your students to a fun and exciting fractions enrichment event with The Great Baking Game Show! On teams, students will participate in a "game show" in which they will go shopping, multiply, add, and order fractions in order to double and triple their recipes, and "decorate" their baked goods for judging. Printable ribbons and crowns are included for the winners.
• multiplying fractions by a whole number
• ordering fractions; greatest to least and least to greatest
• adding fractions with the same denominator
• reducing fractions to simplest form, including mixed numbers
This packet includes:
• Instructions to make your Great Baking Game Show a success!
• Printable recipe cards (4 kinds: cookie, donut, pretzel, cupcake) .
• Printable grocery store table tents
(flour, sugar, eggs, butter, salt, chocolate chips, yeast, cherries)
• Printable worksheets for each recipe
• Printable winners headband crowns
• Printable winners ribbons
• Printable “The Great Baking Game Show” poster (8.5 x 11)
• Printable “Grocery Store” poster (8.5 x 11)
• Answer keys, including grading rubric
Included in the zip file:
• Powerpoint and Smartboard slides: “The Great Baking Game Show,”
• 11 x 17 “The Great Baking Game Show” poster
• 11 x 17 “Grocery Store” poster
Extend the understanding of fractions to show equivalence and ordering.
Build fractions from unit fractions by applying and extending previous understandings of operations on whole numbers.
M04.A-F.2.1.1 M04.A-F.2.1.2 M04.A-F.2.1.3 M04.A-F.2.1.4 M04.A-F.2.1.5 M04.A-F.2.1.6 M04.A-F.2.1.7